Under Transportation services, we are working on these issues:
- Availability of Accessible Transit. Ensuring that everyone, wherever they live in Ontario, has access to accessible transportation on par with their municipal transportation system (e.g., hours of operation; availability of transit)
- Peer Support to share ideas about making your local transit work for you.
- Follow the blog of member Fiona Watson: "Mobility Plus Leaves Me Minus Mobility."
- CWDO Members discussed and compared transit barriers across Ontario on July 17, 2009. Click here to listen to our transit discussion. (109 minutes). Click here to access the transcript.
- Terrance Green vs. OC Transportation
- Highlights of One Person One Fare Case, Canada Transportation Agency
- Allergy Decision, Canada Transportation Agency | French version of Allergy Decision
- Medical Oxygen Decision, Canada Transportation Agency | French version of Oxygen Decision
The Canadian Transportation Agency has reissued a code of practice and released some new formats for accessibility:
- Take Charge of Your Travel: A Guide for Persons with Disabilities http://www.otc-cta.gc.ca/doc.php?sid=1021?=eng. You can now listen while you pack: Audio book available for download. Now available in DAISY 4.0
- Reservation Checklist for Persons With Disabilities: A Step-by-step Guide for Planning Your Travel http://www.otc-cta.gc.ca/doc.php?did=2214?=eng. Now available in DAISY 4.0
- Code of Practice: Aircraft Accessibility for Persons with Disabilities http://www.otc-cta.gc.ca/doc.php?sid=1012?=eng. Now includes the Agency's two implementation guides: Space for Service Dogs Onboard Large Aircraft and Tactile Row Markers Onboard Large Aircraft. Now available in DAISY 4.0
For more information or to request alternate formats, contact The Canadian Transportation Agency at http://www.otc-cta.gc.ca/doc.php?skw-mcs=contact?=eng.
In the News …
Not Enough Accessible Transportation in Thunder Bay (March 4, 2010)
New Streetcars On Track For Toronto (June 19, 2009)
Canada Transportation Agency Newsletter: Moving Ahead (Spring 2009)