Under attendant services, we are working on these things:
- Legislation to protect the rights, dignity and autonomy of persons with disabilities who require attendant services. Our proposed bill is called the Consumers Attendant Support Services Protection Act. Read CWDO’s Letter of Support by clicking this link. Action to date:
- Met with Sylvia Jones MPP for Dufferin-Caledon, summer of 2008
- Met with the Abuse Prevention Working Group, 2008.
- Interview on Rogers TV, spring of 2008
- Wrote every MPP, 2009; 2010 and 2012 looking for support
- Wrote every Community Care Access Centre, spring of 2008 and 2012 (no response from any CCAC)
- Wrote every Local Health Integration Network, spring of 2008 and 2012 (no response from any LHINs to date)
- Met with Dr. Helena Jaczek, MPP Oak Ridges-Markham on July 12, 2012
- Proposed Legislation:
- Reducing the waiting list for the Direct Funding program. Currently, new people are being told there will be a wait of at least four years (yes, YEARS!) before they can be interviewed for this program. Once accepted, it may take another two years before funding flows. Nearly 400 people throughout Ontario are waiting for this under-funded, high demand program. Action must be taken to reduce the waiting list.
- A Webinar Presentation on how to improve attendant services through effective communications. Please send your tips, advice and experiences to the Chair, Tracy Odell email@example.com
- 2010 Update to OCSA's report - .pdf format
With more member involvement, we could do more!
If you are new, you will need to complete and send us a Membership Form.
Please review our IDEAL Conference® instructions to find out how to participate on a Committee.
Updated February 21, 2015